Keep Your Account Safe
Online banking security
TopLine has many security factors in place to protect your accounts. These precautions can help safeguard your personal information even more.
- Use strong passwords. A combination of letters, numbers and special characters is the best defense. Avoid using easily guessed passwords like addresses and birthdays.
- Use Anti-virus Protections. Have up-to-date anti-virus software and can scan emails received.
- Be safe with emails. Most emails are not encrypted. Be wary about sending any sensitive information such as account numbers this way. Don't respond to unusual email requests for personal information.
- Sign off and log out. Always log off. This prevents anyone going back to your accounts.
- Monitor your accounts. Check your accounts regularly and let us know immediately if there is anything that does not seem right.
- Look for secure websites. Secure websites will have a "lock" icon on the browser status bar or the web address will start with "https".
Protect your debit and credit card from unauthorized transactions.
- Keep track of your receipts. These are your proof of purchases.
- Review your statements. Report any transactions that don't appear to be yours.
- Shred your receipts before disposing of them.
- Know who you are talking to. Only give your information to trusted sources.
Beware of Phishing
Phishing refers to fraudulent emails that appear to come from legitimate institutions, and typically ask for your account number, social security number, password and/or other confidential information. If you receive a suspicious email claiming to be from TopLine, please forward it to Ask@TopLinecu.com or call us at 763-391-9494.
Make the switch to eStatements
Going paperless can also help protect your private billing information. When you choose electronic statements, you'll receive email alerts whenever new statements are available to view. Plus you can easily print your statements from virtually anywhere. Enroll in eStatements.
Sign up for Account Alerts
Set up Account Alerts to be delivered by text message or email to any mobile device – schedule alerts for when balances reach a specific amount, when a check clears, when certificates mature or even reminders of birthdays, anniversaries and other events. To enroll, login to online banking .
Obtaining your credit report and reviewing it every year is a smart move. At TopLine we’re happy to help you do just that.
First, request your FREE annual credit report at AnnualCreditReport.com. You can also request your free credit report over the phone at 1-877-322-8228, or by mailing your request to Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281.
Second, stop by any TopLine Federal Credit Union branch location or call us at 763-391-9494 to arrange for your free credit report review.
You are allowed to receive one report a year from each of the major credit agencies: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. Even if you don't obtain all three reports at once, it's smart to review your report from each agency at least once a year because some credit accounts may not appear on reports for all three agencies.
Click here for a copy of a sample credit report along with descriptions.